[TYPO3-mvc] extension key: ext_base vs. extbase

Jochen Rau j.rau at web.de
Mon Apr 6 12:31:47 CEST 2009

Hi,

I don't mind if it is ext_base or extbase as long as the extension
provides a good base for extension developers.

It wasn't a typo. ext_base and therefore ExtBase follows a stringent
rule: two separated english words are connected with an underscore. But
what about abbrevations and acronyms? Well, I'd say if there must be at
least two chars in each "section". "my html class" results in
MyHtmlClass (and not MyHTMLClass), for example.

Now I have to remember that "Extension Base" results in "Extbase" and
not "ExtBase".

To make a long story short: I'll change the naming to Extbase and
continue with making Extbase better afterwards. ;-)

Regards
Jochen