[TYPO3-shop] tt_products & Typo3 caching

Franz Holzinger franz at ttproducts.de
Thu Sep 23 11:09:13 CEST 2010

Le 06/02/2008 11:09, Franz Holzinger a écrit :
> Richard Hirner a écrit :
>
>> OK, so rendering the shop page takes a little time. But what about
>> Caching? I have enabled (better: not disabled) caching for the shop but
>> every load of the shop page takes relatively long, compared to the other
>> sites.
>>
>> Does tt_products use the Typo3 cache? Is there anything I can do to
>> improve the loading speed?
>
> Yes, the cache is beeing used. However the cache of the whole page must
> be cleard if a customer puts an item into the basket. This is because
> the number of items is now shown on the list view. Therefore it is not
> possible to cache it any more.
> It could be tried to find a way to use a USER_INT for the basket amount
> and make a special plugin for it.
> But how can a USER_INT be inside of a USER? The list view must be a USER
> object to use the cache. But there will be several basket amounts on a
> page which should be cached. IMHO it is not possible to nest it.
>
> A solution is available for the minibasket. A basket plugin should be
> made and a USER_INT for the minibasket and all basket plugins.
>
> Another solution to case 1 would be not to use the amount on a list view
> and a single view. Then the cache would be cleared only on basket pages.

The cache usage of tt_products has been improved now with a patch from
Dmitry Dulepov.
I have uploaded tt_products 2.5.18 now.

Some plugins will be converted from a USER object into a USER_INT
automatically when this is necessary. The cache of the page will remain
unchanged and uncleared. This results in a much higher performance of
the whole page.

- Franz#