[TYPO3-shop] Order details lost if order cancelled

Christian Lerrahn (Cerebrum) christian.lerrahn at cerebrum.com.au
Wed May 5 03:47:22 CEST 2010

Hi,
I found out that the record of an order is only filled with the
submitted values once the order has been finalised. Until then the data
is considered temporary and is only stored in the sessions table where
it will get dropped very soon due to expiry.

Now, this generally makes sense but has a downside. In a setup where
payments are handled via a payment gateway, it is now possible to
cancel the order after payment has been processed but before the order
has been finalised. E.g. a client could close his browser while the
payment is processed in the background. The payment gateway has already
got all the details and will process the payment. However, the script
that communicated with the gateway never gets a chance to finalise the
order.

Now, that leaves the shop owner with the problem that he received a
payment but does not have any information who it came from. Now, the
payment gateway will probably allow for the money to be refunded but it
will not allow the shop owner to contact the client and therefore the
business from this transaction is lost.

What I am wondering about is if I can set up tt_products so that the
deleted order record that is created early on is actually filled with
the details as soon as they are available and only un-deleted once the
order is finalised. That way there is still a way of accessing the
order details even though it might not be possible via the BE. Is such
a configuration possible? Or would I have to hack tt_products for that?
I'd like to avoid manipulating the record in the actual payment
processor script because I'm outside TYPO3 there.

Cheers,
Christian