[TYPO3-shop] Pages as Categories

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Oct 31 15:16:19 CET 2007

Hello

> I have set up a System Folder with normal Pages in it (= the categories
> as I understand). Next I put 2 "Product Categories" in the subfolders
> and added some Products.  Then I added a page with the Shop Plugin:
> Categories:LIST. When I open the page in the frontend I see the
> "toplevel" categories (i.e. the subfolders in my System Folder). So far
> fo good. When I click on a categorie, I see an empty page ;-(
> SYSTEMFOLDER
>    - CAT 1 (Folder)
>          product 1
>          product 2
>    - CAT 2 (Folder)
>
> My Question: How is the correct setup for pageAsCategory = 1 or
> pageAsCategory = 2.
This depends on your needs. You use pageAsCategory = 1 if you want
to use the pages as categories and the categories as subcategories. =1:
the pages replace completely the categories =2

> Where do I store my Products? Do I need to store
> them inside the Page/Category Tree? Do I have to store them inside a
> systemfolder? Do I still need a systemfolder?
You can store the products where you want. But only if you use
pageAsCategory then the products must be stored on the pages/folders in
order to set the category.
It is easier to use the mbi_products_categories instead. Then you could
store all products in the same sysfolder or on different pages as you
like it.

Regards,

Franz