[TYPO3-shop] Tax calculation error (rounding problem?)

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Sat Oct 6 19:28:50 CEST 2007

Hello,

> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 05:20, Franz Holzinger wrote:
>> Your calculation is wrong.
>> The tax must be calculated and rounded for one product and not on the
>> total end sum.
>
> Why not?  Shouldn't the tax be based on the total amount spent, not the
> price per product?  I don't know the legal rules involved.  Is this
> perhaps a difference between European and American calculations?  I
> think what you are saying makes sense if the tax is already included in
> the quoted price, but not if you are quoting the actual price and adding
> tax on additionally.

This has been changed now to your proposal.

Use TAXmode=1 for your calculation of all sums without taxes and without
any roundings. The tax will be added at the end sum. Then it will be
rounded for the output. This will be the default behaviour and you
should use this mode also for Germany. I have now uploaded a new
tt_products 2.5.1 which contains this. This is the last upload of 2.5.1.
The improved tt_products 2.5.2 will follow soon.

Use TAXmode=2 to do the former way. The tax will be added for each
product and rounded to 2 digits after the comma. Then the products
prices are calculated together.

- Franz