[TYPO3-shop] specify category id for products:list on a page; mbi_categories

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Sat May 26 19:29:13 CEST 2007

Hello Andrew,

> How do i specify only one specific category ID to be displayed on a page
> with products-Products:LIST when I have installed your updated
> mbi_categories?
>

> This is my setup in backend:
>

> [page] "Products list"
>   TSCONFIG:  defaultCategoryID = 18
>
>   Products Plugin - Products:List
>     startingpoint : products (id=10)
>
> [sysfolder] id=10
>   [product record] "test item"
>      category = 18
>
>   [product record] "test item 2"
>      category = 8
>

>   [Category Record ID=18] "Cat name"
>
>   [Category Record ID=8] "Cat 2"
>

> If I look at the products page, I can see both items, regardless of
> their category setting.
>
> does the tsconfig "defaultCategoryID = 10" need to be different?
>
> thanks for any assistance!

Normally it is intended to use the category LIST plugin somewhere on
each page. (Templa Voila or via TypoScript). Then the link to the
product list will already contain a category parameter
tx_ttproducts_pi1[category] and filtering takes place.

The solution to have an own template setup on each page is not so good,
but possible.

plugin.tt_products  {
defaultCategoryID = 12

}

But you have to do this for every page then.

- Franz