[TYPO3-shop] Articles

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Jul 4 08:21:44 CEST 2007

Hello Ben,

> Is the list search broken? All I get is a message "References: [ (can't
> open the index) ]". The Typo3 English search works.
>
> I wanted to do a search about articles. I'm a bit confused about what
> they actually are :o} Reading the documentation, it seems to me that the
> product record is created and articles are used to either create a
> product based on the original or they are extras such as batteries etc.

Articles are variants of products, e.g. a special color or a size of a
product. So they are called the product's variants. You only have to
enter articles, if another price or text description is needed.
Otherwise you can omit them.
useArticles = 1

It is also possible to only have articles and no product's variants
needed for them. However this is a special case and not yet fully
implemented.

- Franz