[TYPO3-shop] Multilanguage Commerce site

Wed Nov 1 09:59:38 CET 2006

Dear Amiran,
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:03:49 +0100, Amiran Chyb
> <amiran.chyb at stopspam.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> how did you try to translated the products?
>>> We use the default TYPO3 functionality to translate products.
>>>
>>> Just translate the site for products.
>>> Than switch on the translation mode in the commerce modul!!! (important
>>> don't use the default listview).
>>

>> what mode switch do you mean? in commerce->products module I can only
>> check 'localization view' checkbox, which allows me to see 'localize
>> to:' field, but not much more.
>>
>> When editing products I can only see 'language' drop down list (but
>> not  in simple mode! is localization impossible in simple mode?), but
>> I  cannot set 2 language versions for one product, after switching
>> the  langauge ddlist and changing fields, I just change the original
>> langauge  version fields in spite of adding new one.
>>

>> by default listview you mean the list I get when I click on the name
>> of  a product/category, and the appropriate view for localization
>> you're  talking about is the one I get by clicking Edit on them?
>

> I added alternative page language to the 'products' sysfolder and now I
> can see the alternative language flags in the 'localize to' column i
> commerce->categories module. Unfortunately I can see all products (in
> both  languages) for standard langugae page, and none of them, when I
> switch the  languge GET variable. Was it this 'default listview'
> approach that you've  discouraged?

Did you translate the products after setting the alternative language or
bevore. To have an consitant database, it is important to lokalise after
you have added the language to the sysfolder.

I've created a todo for me to add this ti the documentation

ingo

> thanks
> Amiran

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Ingo Schmitt                        mailto:is at marketing-factory.de
Marketing Factory Consulting GmbH   http://typo3.marketing-factory.de/
Content Management mit Typo3: Beratung - Schulung - Realisierung