[TYPO3-shop] Re: [Typo3-shop] newItemDays

Simon Tuck e-mailNO at SPAMeyejet.com
Sun Feb 5 11:23:31 CET 2006

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> Hello Simon,
>> I am using the new items list, but need to consider the starttime as a
>> factor as well. I modified LISTNEWITEMS to that effect: $where = ' AND
>> ( starttime >= '.$temptime . ' OR tstamp >= '. $temptime . ')';
>> Anyway, isn't this more logical than just making new items dependent
>> on time stamp? I mean, could you modify the next release accordingly?
>> just thought i'd pass this on...
>> cheers & thanks for the good work
>
> I do not think that someone wants to calculate the time from starttime
> as well as from timestamp.
>
> So I propose to make this configurable via TypoScript to consider either
> timestamp or starttime.
>

> Greets,
>
> Franz
Hi Franz,
Just wondering, will you include this in your next update?
Also: on further consideration I don't think you need to make it
configurable via TS. The default should respect the timestamp *or* the
starttime. The starttime is clear - if my product launches on xx.yy it's
a new item on xx+1.yy, even if I entered it 3 months ago. Timestamp on
the other hand is what you get if you enter a product w/o a starttime,
so IMO I think the default should be an OR on both criteria...
Thanks & regards
Simon