[TYPO3-shop] Tax calculation error (rounding problem?)

Ryan Hayle rd.typo3 at hayle.org
Fri Dec 15 19:55:02 CET 2006

I'm having trouble with the tax calculations in the shop.  I've set
plugin.tt_products.TAXpercentage = 6.00, however, take the following
example:

Product P1 costs 1.20, P2 is 1.60.

123*P1 + 456*P2 = 877.20
877.20*.06 = 52.632

The shop shows tax to be 54.21!

I'm not sure where the extra 1.578 went!  This is mostly noticeable on a
large scale, but I did notice this:

If I only have 2 P2 (3.20), the calculated tax is 0.20 when it really
should be 0.192. It is rounded up instead of down.  Is this the expected
behaviour?  Is the tax calculation impacted by using different article
prices?  My prices are entered without tax included, and I have no tax
on shipping or payment methods.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Ryan