[TYPO3-shop] install webformat shop 1.20 error

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Mon Apr 10 14:22:57 CEST 2006

Hi Gideon,

>   While I install the latest webformat shop, I get this error:
> SQL engine parse ERROR: Field type unknown in parseFieldDef()!: near
> "float NOT NULL default '0' "
>   Any hints about it??

This isn't the first time someone experienced this problem. I knew
there's a bug notification on bugs.typo3.org about the problem that
fields of type float are not correctly managed. I didn't change the
field definition in the file ext_tables.sql because this is the
correct definition for price, weight ecc. and so I'm waiting for the
correction of the TYPO3 bug.

In these cases I suggest to change the field type from "float NOT NULL
default '0'" to "varchar(11) NOT NULL default '0'" in all the fields
with this type in the file ext_tables.sql of the extension. This will
solve the problem.

Regards,
 Mauro Lorenzutti

e-mail:  mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com

WEBFORMAT srl | Corte Europa, 12 | I-33097 SPILIMBERGO PN
     Tel +39-0427-926.389  --  Fax +39-0427-927.653
       info at webformat.com  --  www.webformat.com