[TYPO3-shop] RFC: when should tt_products be coded in PHP5 ?

Sun Apr 9 14:06:01 CEST 2006

Franz Holzinger schrieb:
> Dear tt_products users,
>
> there are plans that TYPO3 5.0 will require PHP5.
>
> How should the coding of tt_products continue? When should be the time
> to make tt_products to require PHP5? Only the former versions of
> tt_products would still run under PHP4 then.

Hello Franz,

the official switch is with TYPO3 5.0. I have written a proposal how to
prepare for this by using the pattern of SPL iterators already within 4.0.
That is possible. I don't say use SPL. That is not installed by default.
But do it the SPL way.

In tx_lib I have solved the absence of interfaces in PHP4 by writing a
class instead of using an interface. I will simply add a real interface
with TYPO3 5.0. tx_lib is prepared.

You can study the usage of the SPL iterator pattern in the extension
tx_articles, that is build on tx_div and tx_lib. I extend tx_lib_data for
everything that contains date, model or view, and is has made development
much more pleasant for me.

Regards

Elmar