[Typo3-shop] statusCodes.5x wrong recipient (tt_products 2.0.2 from TER)

Julo Ferianc jferianc at centrum.cz
Sat May 28 20:23:09 CEST 2005

Hello list, hello Franz,

in order's TRACKING section, there seems to be a bug or at least
missconception in my understanding of tracking code intervals.

Tracking codes 50-59 are AFAIK supposed to be available for the customer
to communicate with the shop admin/owner/staff. For instance on code 50
I have "Customer's message to shop". Therefore all email notifications
about these status updates should be IMO sent FROM customer TO shop
admin, and not vice versa. On my current test installation (T3 3.8.0.,
tt_products 2.0.2) these are however acting just as order updates to any
other status code (i.e. they are sent TO customer FROM shop admin). I
believe this is wrong, as it was the customer who just updated the order
and therefore does not need to be notified about it. It's the shop admin
who should be notified.

Please advise. Thanks.

Julo

PS: I have tested 2.0.2 thoroughly and so far it seems to be working
flawlessly (x for the above). Think I'll be moving all my shop
instalations from zk_products shortly. Good work there.