[Typo3-shop] Additional Features for tt_products 2.x - how to contribute?

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Mon May 9 21:05:41 CEST 2005

Hello Joey,

> Later he can recall this saved order to change and finish it.
> Same thing with finished orders. These can be copied with all items and
> additional info selected.
> So the user can easily handle recurring orders. For flyerking this is used
> heavily by clients that need the same kind of flyers every week.
> They simply copy the order, finish it and upload a slightly modified file
> then.
> Of course finished orders can only be copied and not changed.

Yes, this is usefull.

>>How does this work?
>
> We are using additional tables for that but one could use tt_address with
> some additional fields too.
> Each time the client comes to the delivery part in the basket we check if
> there are existing addresses.
> If this is the case, a selectbox is shown, where the client can select the
> desired addresse(s).
> We are using 3 different blocks (billing address, delivery address, contact
> person).
> If the client fills in new adress data, this is automatically added to his
> list of available addresses.
> At least two additional fields are necessary for that: address_owner and
> address_type
The main parts of this should come into tt_address or a new extension
based on tt_address. Or maybe into the fe_user extension. So this can be
used also by the commerce extension and other extensions.
In tt_products this should be made configurable (turn on or off), or
automatically turned off, when the above extension has not been
installed. And it does not really have much to do with the shop.
The problem we have now is that currently fe_user is used by
tt_products. And there is already an address. So I think that fe_user
should be extended in a way that it uses tt_address or an extended
version of it. The commerce extension also needs this.

> This has nothing to do with shipping costs. It's necessary for items that
> are calculated by square or cubic measures.
> If the shop owner is selling i.e. carpets the client will have to tell width
> and length. The price is calculated on sqm.
> A price of EU 45,-/sqm and width/length of 4/5 will give 4*5*45 = EU 900,-
> Other items will be priced based volume, so we will need
> width/length/height.
> So we will need a selectbox in the backend to decide if the user wants a
> simple "number of items" or "square measures" or "cubic measures".
> Labels for the two (or three) fields should be set via TS.
This is very usefull, too. Use also the weight for selling metals.

>>1. Get an account for
>>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/typo3xdev/tx_ttproducts/  and
>>tell me to give you access.
>

> Well - I got an account for sourceforge now, but I don't get the point where
> and how to get write access for CVS now.
> Never worked with that before.
Write me an email with your full name and the sourceforge.net account.
Then I will manage this for you. If you have other people who need
access too, I will need this data from all of them.
I have now divided the class.tx_ttproducts.php into 5 parts. This is
because by this way it is easier that many people program on this file.
The problem we have now is that as you see at
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Ext_tt_products some other extensions
should be worked into tt_products. But when we change the file structure
too much it would get very difficult to do that job. But when you have a
good idea to create a new class file (e.g. basket, order), then we could
do that.
But let's make small steps. Do not bring in everything at once. At the
beginning start with one, two or three features. Then you or someone
else tests it and a new version will come into TER. After that the next
features can come. So we do not loose the overview.

> Fine. So if you tell me how we could do this, we will start as soon as
> possible ...
Everything is already in the CVS now. You can browse it already or use
the standard password (see documentation there). But soon you will get
direct write access.
Start your development with the version
http://fholzinger.com/typo3/development/tt_products-v2.0.2.1.zip now.
After you have a first working version you email me the changes (do not
forget to actualise the documentation). After I give you my ok you put
it (check in) into the CVS. And after someone has tested the main
functionality (it should also have been online somewhere for a week) I
will put it into TER. I cannot put something into TER where we do not
know if there might be a big error in it.

So lets think a bit if some of the changes could be usefull also for the
commerce extension. But it is also possible to do that later in order to
make the publishing of tt_products a bit faster.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Greetings,

Franz