[Typo3-shop] to ranz - general question on compatibility

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder t3 at boswel-remove-me.de
Mon Jun 20 22:30:25 CEST 2005

Franz Holzinger wrote:

> it is most important to stay compatible with the tt_products 1.2.7
> version. Compatibility to zk_products 1.3.2 will be done as much as
> possible. But tt_products 2.0.2 is not fully 100% compatible to
> zk_products 1.3.2.
> I did not have the time to test if the zk_products enhancements rely
> on the concept of pages on categories. Probably they do not.

hmm, perhaps this is why i get some strange behaviour of some tt_products
pages because i wanted to have pages as categories. up to finalizing the
order everything works like expected. clicking the proceed button

1) the agb confirmation checkbox seems to be ignored (i could order even
without ticking the box) and
2) the order process stops because of some missing user data fields (even
though they should all be inherited from fe_user data)...

> If anyone has tested this some features I will move the corresponding
> items in the manual off the zk_products part to the general
> description.

once i'll get this sweety to work i will update or better rewrite the manual
since it is really, really bad (franz, don't feel offended, i know that it
is not your fault).

also, you should really have a look at bernie pfister's enhancements and/or
designs available here

http://www.pixelsound.com/generic/209.0.html
http://www.pixelsound.com/generic/210.0.html

besides: all newbies will greatly benefit from the sample .t3d site
(available as a TYPO3 dump and ready to install).

also, downward compatibility can't be kept up forever as tt_news proves.
if you want to push tt_products further to general usefulness, there _will_
come the time when you have to announce that  v.2.0.0 is no longer
compatible and that you have to do this and that to update your pre-v2 shop.

to summerize: there are many features out there that would enhance the shop
system in this or that way, so it would be a good choice to incorporate them
.tt_news made many extensions obsolete, the calendar project now joins the
two most popular calendar extensions  - so hey: let's follow this way =:o)

greets

rainer