[Typo3-shop] Mini_basket on all pages

Simon Dawes simon.dawes at cerebrum.com.au
Sat Aug 20 07:13:07 CEST 2005

Rainer (Rene) Suthoelder wrote:
> Simon Dawes wrote:
>

>>My issue is working out how to insert the Mini-Basket into my template
>>so it appears on all pages. I have search through the mailing lists
>>but still come up short!
>

> well, obviously you haven't searched enough:
> -the CODE to get the overview displayed ist OVERVIEW
> -the template marker is BASKET_OVERVIEW
>
>      20 < plugin.tt_products
>     20.code >
>     20.code = OVERVIEW
>
> or something like this wrapped in a COA should produce the desired output.
> just google around a bit with the above mentioned expressions.
>
> cheers,
>
> rainer

Thanks Rainer, you pointed me in the right direction, I was basically
searching for the wrong things!!

I now have it working as I want but there where bascially two problems

1. Inserting the OVERVIEW into the template, which I was pretty close
too but needed your pointers. For other who are searching for this my
template code fro this ended up as follows

# Substitute the ###sidenav### subpart with some example content:
# using the mini basket from tt_products to do this now
subparts.sidenav=TEXT
subparts.sidenav.value=
subparts.sidenav < plugin.tt_products
subparts.sidenav.code >
subparts.sidenav.code = OVERVIEW

2. The other issue I had was really simple!, It appears the the
products_template.tmpl file doesn't have a section for
BASKET_OVERVIEW_TEMPLATE (certainly the versions I have don't). As soon
as I added this everything worked fine. I just used the code from the
manual and modified it as follows

<!-- ###BASKET_OVERVIEW_TEMPLATE### begin -->
   ###NUMBER_GOODSTOTAL###
<!-- ###BASKET_OVERVIEW_TEMPLATE### end -->

<!-- ###BASKET_OVERVIEW_EMPTY### begin -->

<!-- ###BASKET_OVERVIEW_EMPTY### end -->

Again, many thanks

Cheers Simon Dawes