[Typo3-shop] Use tt_products for "stock database"

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Thu Aug 11 22:06:36 CEST 2005

Hello Peter,
> 1.
> I want to store/view information about articles (name, supplier,
> article no (suppliers and our own), price, image, free text
> information and category) so that me and my colleagues can use
> this information when ordering articles from different suppliers.
Only one itemnumber and no supplier field is available.
You can use www instead and the note field. Or you have to use a
different sysfolder for each supplier.
The rest of infos is in the tt_products table.

> 2.
> For another implementation I need the following additional
> information: manufacturing year, list of URLs and a field for
> info about what type of PDA this article is suitable for.
This all is not available in the tt_products table.

> Can tt_products be used for any of these without additional
> programming? Or do anyone have a better idea?

This is not possible without programming the additional needed fields.
You should better wait for the commerce extension.

Franz