[Typo3-shop] shop examples

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Sep 13 05:23:16 CEST 2004

>    I just started zk_products and am looking for some sites that
> already implmented shop system using Typo3.  Just want to get some
> inspirations.

www.flyerking.de  (You will have to register to see the complete shop and
it's only in german though planned to be multilingual)
Flyerking is selling print products (Flyer,Poster,Business-Paper and -Cards)
The user has to send his graphics and recieves the products within a few
days.

Based on tt_products that has been heavily extended:

- Possibility for "features" with pricing (i.e. "rounded corners" for
business cards: 3 ? / 1.000 pcs.) calculated prices are added to the
original product price.
- Motivenames (required) for each item
- Checking if the user has read all the rules via radiobutton.
- Selectboxes for delivery adresses and contact persons that can be reused
after typing them in for the first time. Adresses can be inserted directly
during the order process or via "my Flyerking"
- Possibility to save orders before finishing them and recall them later via
"my Flyerking" and change and/or finish them. Orders that already have been
finished can be reused with a copy-button.
- UPS-weight tables to calculate shipping costs.
- different payment options for different usergroups (bank collection for
trustable clients, other special options)
- Automated generation of FTP-upload folders with unique usernames and
passwords for each item. Links to these folders are sent to the user in a
separate mail.
- Automated generation of gallery-voting-entries for each item, that stay
open for editing until the user finished the upload. After that the items
are votable for 30 days. Each month the "flyer of the month" gets a valuable
gift. (This feature is already implemented but not officially online today
because of marketing reasons)
- Many "inline" help boxes (but this is just a matter of the HTML-Template
you are using)

Registering is done in a 3-step fully automated self registering process
based on fe_adminLib.inc

We are already planning phase 2:

Tip-A-Friend bonus system
volume discounts
automated printsheet imposing

But first of all:
We have to rewrite the current code into a "clean and official
TYPO3-style-extension"

Any volunteers? It's a dirty job but someone's got to do it!

Joey