[Typo3-shop] zk_products category <---> page

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Tue Dec 14 18:35:26 CET 2004

Here is the text in the zk-documentation for this:

There are multiple ways to create a shop. The old way (in my opinion) is
to create sysfolders for the products and list and single sites where
there products are displayed. If you want to do a bigger shop with
typo3, this will become a little bit unhandy.

Here is the way, I build the shop for our customers:
Forget the original Shop Categories. I only use them for manufacturer
separation. What I call “categories” are pages. Create a page hirachy
like this:

Create extended pages and choose “Shop” at contains plugin. This does
technically nothing, but changes the icon in the blue shop symbol. Each
page has only the “product list” content element without startingpoint.