[TYPO3-ttnews] [tx_news] Linking tags to specific pages

bernd wilke t3ng at bernd-wilke.net
Thu Apr 30 14:18:15 CEST 2015

Am 30.04.15 um 11:10 schrieb Manuel Bachl:
> Hi there. Is there any way, to link tags to specific pages?
> I'm using Tags to categorize my news, and I want to link those tags
> (just in one special list, not on the whole site) to a normal content
> page, on which i want to describe the tag. And also it would be great to
> show an image instead of the tag name.
>
> Maybe it's possible to extend the tag system with some more fields like
> extending the news-extension?
>
> This feature woul be really a killerfeature - right now, there are too
> less options in tags... Just naming them is not enough in my opinion.
> I can't use categories to achieve this, because categories are used
> otherwise in my project. And the whole project is set up on this
> systematics (tags as categories, categories as clients)
>
> If someone has ever done this, please help me ;-)

with a little more work you may use for both features categories.

you need to distinguish categories for clients and categories for
categories (themes?).

categories could be stored in hierarchies and you need to detect the
parent category to decide what usage one category belongs.

so you can assign each news a client-category and a theme-category.

the display needs to decide which category to show.
one loop for clients, one for themes.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html