[TYPO3-ttnews] [tx_news] sys_category basics

Jan Slusarczyk jan.slusarczyk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 15:44:52 CEST 2014

I'm trying to use categories on a typo3 6.2.4 intallation and the more I
dig inside the more lost I've become. I'd really appreciate some help.

I want to use categories as a link between tx_news elements and regular
content pages (where pages and news elements are assigned the same
category). How should I think of menus/lists containing both pages and
tx_news elements? Is it possible to mix them in one list? Is it possible
to make id dynamic so that I wouldn't need to create a separate page for
each category but automate it with one and specific parameters?

Any hints on how it should be done?

I've found a lot on categories but examples are mostly based on
pre-typo3 6 categories (like the realurl configurations) and linking is
done solely through tx_news list view...

Any help will be appreciated...

Jan