[TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news articles lost?

Stefan Kaufmann kaufmann at dwwd.ch
Sat May 10 22:49:03 CEST 2014

Hi Georg, I appreciate your reply and effort.
Unfortunately my db backup was empty, so I was unable to restore the db. Otherwise I guess it would have been easy to restore the news articles. So I have to fix the db backup...Luckily the site was fairly new and I did not loose much data.
Still don't know why the news articles got erased from the db during upgrade from 6.18 to 6.2.2. I guess when I did the db compare after upgrade/downgrade it asked me for table modifications (dropping some of them) and I did not read precisely enough...
First time I lost data during an upgrade/downgrade. But I learned to ensure I have a good backup before doing an upgrade....
Thanks again for your great work you did with news!
- Stefan