[TYPO3-ttnews] extend tx_news with extra database fields

Muriel le Pair typo3 at strangefruit.nl
Fri Mar 7 14:52:20 CET 2014

Hi,

Works like a charm, but I stumbled upon a tiny little bug. Not sure if
it's related to TYPO3, tx_news, or that I'm missing something.

I have added an extra field named author_multiple after the field author
in tx_news as follows:

t3lib_extMgm::addFieldsToPalette('tx_news_domain_model_news',
'paletteAuthor', '--linebreak--,author_multiple','after:author');

Works fine if the field author is enabled for a specific BE user, but
the field author is an exclude field. If I disable the field author the
field author_multiple is removed as well.

Could anybody give me a hint how to solve this.

--
kind regards,

Muriel le Pair