[TYPO3-ttnews] "Externally" add entries / uploads to tt_news

Dirk Ho dirk_studivz at web.de
Mon Jun 9 22:29:05 CEST 2014

Hi tt_news group,

a short introduction what I want to do: My supporters club sends
newsletters to its members with informations about the club, the club we
support,...

Now I want to archive these newsletters and their attachments in a
"community" on our webpage. To archive it, I want to use tt_news,
because I think it's best appropriated for this. So I want to create a
cronjob that runs a script (PHP or shell) that fetches all emails send
to a "newsletter_dummy at domain.com" and add them directly to the tt_news
table(s) (using raw sql, even if it's probably not recommended due to
possible changes in the data structure).

Now my questions:
- how are the files in column "image" and "news_files" related to any
other table so that tt_news knows, where the files are placed in the
fileadmin?
- how is the "category" column work? Is the value a category id or where
does this value reference to?
- what are the columns
-- t3ver_oid
-- t3ver_id
-- t3ver_wsid
-- t3ver_label
-- t3ver_state
-- t3ver_stage
-- t3ver_count
-- t3ver_tstamp
-- t3_origuid
needed for? In my news entries it's always empty.

Thanks and best wishes,

Dirk