[TYPO3-ttnews] Ext:news - random order in list view

Florian Schaeffer florian.schaeffer at mercoline.de
Tue Aug 19 08:42:29 CEST 2014

Hello,

I wanted to ask whether a random order of news items would be possible at all using the Ext:news (currently I'm using 2.3 but will be upgrade to 3 in the near future).

In tt_news there was a configuration listOrderBy = random which is not possible in Ext:news.

The option allowOrderBy allows me to define additional allowed order fields but all of them has to be "real" fields as they get appended to the table name in Extbase.

If I try to set allowOrderBy = rand() or random an exception is thrown stating the field <tablename>.random could not be found.

Any idea how to get random ordering in Ext:news? And what about caching the output? Could the element be cached and only the order of elements USER_INT? Any ideas?