[TYPO3-ttnews] having 3 different codes of tt_news doesn't work with extCache enabled

Simon Schick simonsimcity at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 13:03:38 CET 2013

Hi, all

I have, until now, used tt_news on quite a bunch of websites and always
experienced the same problem:

If I use more than 2 different codes for tt_news (f.e. one instance for
LATEST, another one for LIST or SINGLE depending on the parameters
given) the content of the extension isn't loaded if the option extCache
is enabled.

I reported this bug nearly 3 years ago .. but nothing changed until now.
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=14024

Are you going to fix this soon?
I really would appreciate it. This has bugged me for years now .. I gave
the fix, attached to the ticket, to quite a bunch of people I worked
with and they all can confirm, that the extension is working correctly
after applying the patch.

All I do is moving the calls t3lib_extMgm::addStaticFile() and
t3lib_extMgm::addTypoScriptSetup() from ext_tables.php to
ext_localconf.php as described in the php-doc of the functions.
@See:
http://doc-typo3.ameos.com/4.1.0/classt3lib__extMgm.html#7fb3f56981ae7359a676960349aab61e

Bye
Simon