[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news partial news display issue

RIchard Placide richard.placide at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 20:19:08 CET 2013

I have been having a disturbing issue with my installation of tt_news. Some news modules become affected by a "bug" that prevents the display of some news items in list mode.

I use different news storage folders and several news modules on my site.

A few months ago I noticed this bug on the personnel page (it uses a dedicated personnel storage folder with a tt_news module on the personnel page). It seemed news items would stop showing up PRIOR to a certain date (I forgot the which date it was). After a week, I dropped the tt_news module and storage for that page and replaced it with the extension "news" since there were only a few news items.
This bug happened again later on another tt_news module / page and I dropped it as well.

Now, very recently this bug seemed to have propagated to my main news module but only affects the display of the news is list mode on a "get more news" page. In other words my main news module displays the 4 latest news items (using tt_news in list mode with limit at 4) on the frontpage. A "get more news" link gets to another page with another tt_news module instance in list mode linked to the same news storage folder. On the frontpage, the news items work as intended but in the get-more-news page it seems to be stuck after january 28th. As a side note the frontpage also displays the last news item for another tt_news module (separate news storage folder)

Because it is the main news module it will be a pain to enter hundreds of newss items again, hence this plea for help.

Has anyone experienced this phenomenon? What should I look for to try to fix it? . I've looked at the database in the tt_news table and found nothing suspicious for the records that are not displayed.
Is it problematic to use several storage folders for tt_news especially in sub-pages ?
I do not use any archive nor category setting.