[TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news - Extend news fields with custom extension

Marcus typo3 at moon-media.biz
Wed Jun 12 16:04:42 CEST 2013

Hi everybody,

I am trying to extend the tx_news with some custom fields.

I followed the tutorial
(http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/news/Main/Tutorial/ExtendingNews/Index.html),
but my new generated fields do not show up in the BE News-Record Form so
I could fill them with content.
Fields show up in typo3temp/Cache/Code/cache_phpcode/Domain_Model_News.php

My Extenion structure is as follows:

newsextended
-Classes
--Domain/Model/News.php
--ViewHelpers/ExtendedNewsViewHelper.php
-Resources/Private/extend-news.txt
-ext_tables.sql
-ext_emconf.php

Must I also extend the Fleform somehow? (Nothing mentioned)
Missing files/folders?

By the way, how could I change the default label names over my new
extending Extension? Because with TS _LOCAL_LANG it seems not to be
possible.

Any hint/suggestion appreciated!

Kind Regards
Marcus