[TYPO3-ttnews] Import wordpress blogs into tx_news

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jul 24 14:47:01 CEST 2013

Hi Visay,

> I'm working on a project to import wordpress blogs into TYPO3 but since
> I never use wordpress before, I'm not sure if there is a tool to do that
> quick. It will be a one-time import to TYPO3 tx_news extension and later
> on no wordpress blog anymore.
>
> I know that wordpress has its own tool to export all blogs to xml so a
> script can be created to map the fields and import. But is there an
> easier solution (with few clicks)?

I don't know of really simple solutions. I did such an import myself a
couple of years back when I moved my personal blog from WordPress to
TYPO3. I made a local copy of the WP database and used my extension
external_import with the SQL connector (svconnector_sql) to import the
data. I imported into a custom structure, but mapping to news tables
should not be an issue.

I also created some custom scripts to handle more advanced issues like
changing WP links between posts into RTE links in TYPO3.

All this was never meant to be formally published, but I posted it here:

https://gist.github.com/fsuter/6070209

in case it can help you.

This may at least give you an idea of the things to take into account.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch