[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news and typo3 6.1

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Wed Jul 10 11:37:15 CEST 2013

Yes - you are right

tt_news used an add-on - an extension to tt_news: "xw_ttnewslatestsingle"
developed by Christian Juerges
to get the behaviour.

I will have to stick with tx_news or try and fix tt_news incompatible
extensions

but I am not as good a developer as Georg - more a conceptual guy
- so I will not try and mess with his code if I do not have a LOT of time -

I am an implementer/user of Typo3 websites - not a developer of extensions

I appreciate Georg's work - really great development - and appreciate that
he cannot cater for any scenario

see attached image - or the link - - -

http://buildinghelp.com.au/files/misc/newsPageConcept.png

home page -> menu -> news

at the news page

see in detail the most recent with next previous navigator + list of news
items on side

click on side item

see it on same page as detail view

as in

http://buildinghelp.com.au/general-news/

"Jigal van Hemert"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1373442421.9373.typo3-project-tt-news at lists.typo3.org...

Hi,

On 10-7-2013 8:18, jaco graaff wrote:
> Answering myself???? - I keep trying to solve the issue ....
>
> I hope you are not being sarcastic in referring to me emailing my
> findings/progress and that I am miss-reading your answer..

Knowing Georg I believe that he is truly sorry that it doesn't work for
you, but that it is a bit hard to keep track of the things you tried and
the problems you found in a long list of progress updates.

[...]
> but - I am stuck - forced to change a simple layout design to adapt to
> the limitations of the extension

It's very important to have an overview of what you want to achieve.
Maybe you can make some schematics that show what should be visible on a
page and how you want to navigate between pages.
I'm sure Georg or others will try to see how that can be achieved.

[...]
> Also there is no pagination between articles - only to browse the list

There is a feature request in forge, but it is technically impossible to
solve that in a correct way. tt_news doesn't have a proper
implementation either. Your visitor comes from a list view with all
kinds of settings to determine which items to show, in which order, etc.
Navigation in the detail view should know about these settings too, but
this not trivial (and maybe not possible at all).

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!