[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news and typo3 6.1

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Wed Jul 10 08:18:02 CEST 2013

Thanks Georg - I appreciate all the work on tx_news

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answering myself???? - I keep trying to solve the issue ....

I hope you are not being sarcastic in referring to me emailing my
findings/progress and that I am miss-reading your answer..

- and until someone else that has a solution surfaces I believe I have to
mail my findings on different options incase someone else can use my finding
and extend on it to solve the issue - or maybe searches for it in this
mailing list.

That is the way I solve a lot of things reading through everyone's findings
and progress - since documentation is so limited.

If I knew of this limitations - or was able to see others struggle  I would
have bee more informed when I tried to move from tt_news to tx_news - or 4.7
to 6.1

This might be the only support I can give now - but I would like to use the
new concepts and frameworks you guys have worked on, showcase it and boast
about it's strengths.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there is a moderator which maybe could let me know if this behaviour is
unfitting to the forum or below the standard of the Typo3 alumni please let
the person contact me

One of the reasons I am sticking with Typo3 is because it's legacy (Casper)
of sharing, community, help, the fact that a regular guy like Casper who
wanted to do great things for his clients was willing to share that
experience in a non-superiority way.

I do spend a lot of my own personal time helping others to solve their
issues on other platforms and disciplines and appreciated this attitude from
the Typo3 community. In this way we all learn and become riches for it.

I do respect your effort and fully understand the limitation associated
working on and with open-source software.

I would love to see Typo3 as the best-in-class and more people using it -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand the reason for tx_news - because tt_news is not heavily
developed and rests on hacked, patched old code.

but - I am stuck - forced to change a simple layout design to adapt to the
limitations of the extension

I am not able to do:
http://buildinghelp.com.au/general-news/
anymore

user chooses general news - goes to the news/blog/etc... landing page

see the latest news item in the centre and other most recent items on the
side.

on the bottom there is a next previous button to browse the news

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only way I can use tx_news it seems is either hard-coding the Detail
view or limit a user only to access the News page once they clicked on a
news list-item

Also there is no pagination between articles - only to browse the list

"Georg Ringer"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1373433461.32353.typo3-project-tt-news at lists.typo3.org...

Hi,

sad that it didn't work out. however I don't know what the status is
anymore, after 10 mails answering yourself.

regarding tt_news. use
https://git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Extensions/tt_news.git or patch it
yourself, don't expect changes there very fast

georg