[TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news - no entry for show latest

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Wed Jul 10 03:48:05 CEST 2013

To make the 2 lists to work

remember in Extension Management > NEWS > configure

to set

List actions shown in Flexforms [basic.removeListActionFromFlexforms]

Both Views are Shown

and in the

PLUGIN > Settings > What to display

select

either

List View for the DETAIL version

and

List View (Without overloading....) - which means the Detail view will not
be rendered in the place of the list view

BUT - I still get

Exclude already displayed news

ignored

Because I am so far down the track and passionate about typo3 and want to
support the great efforts by the Typo3 team  - I will keep on battling
through this

In hindsight - I should have stayed with tt_news

"jaco graaff"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1373419988.3730.typo3-project-tt-news at lists.typo3.org...

I hope I am not overstaying my welcome on this...
but the hope is that someone else can learn from the conversation

I reverted back to showing a LIST view with LATEST in the DETAIL area

I then set the template to a custom value in the backend

I test for the custom value in FLUID template

The front-end renders a DETAIL view looking exactly like the real DETAIL
view

The List view on the side Shows the X-amount latest items

If I choose a different template (my custom template) the list view on the
side ignores the

Exclude already displayed news

setting

and displays the news item in the detail in the list view as well

----------

I will now see if I can test for the custom template setting inside the
fluid itteration of news-items instead of diverting before -

---------

It seems like it is very difficult to have both a detail view and a list
view on the same page with the plugin (If you have not hardcoded the Default
Detail item)

-----------------------
An alternative might be to change the behaviour of the "NEWS" menu item
through typoscript, to become a link to the latest news item so the latest
parameter is send automatically

-------------------

----------------------------

"jaco graaff"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1373419199.1748.typo3-project-tt-news at lists.typo3.org...

I decided to revert back to my previous fix - using 2 list views on the same
page instead of having a detail view and list view on the same page

This is now broken as well

When I get to the page the firs time

I see:
Most recent in the detail area (using the list view with show 1 latest)

List of news items on side (But the one showing in detail also displays even
though "Exclude already displayed news" is checked in both instances of the
extension

when I click on a list item on side in the list view I get

The clicked item showing in the Detail List view

AND

the clicked item showing as a DETAIL view replacing the LIST view on the
side

This is becoming a nightmare....

Sorry