[TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news - no entry for show latest

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Tue Jul 9 01:34:43 CEST 2013

OK - now I just need to figure out how to allow myself to select an
alternative fluid-layout template for the DETAILS-LIST view part of the News
page - obviously this should not be formatted as the LIST view but use the
same template as the DETAIL view

Back to reading documentation on fluid-templating to understand how to
configure an extension to see alternative layout templates in the
backend......

"jaco graaff"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1373322095.25662.typo3-project-tt-news at lists.typo3.org...

Hi Georg - thanks for your work on this - I decided last time to stick with
tt_news - but have made a fresh start with 6.1 with the aim to move this
site on to 6.2 LTS, and also use your tx_news instead.
steps I go through:

1. Place the News System plugin in column A with the purpose to be the
Detail View
2. On Settings tab: What to display: Detail View
3. On Settings Tab: Show a single news record () - now I have to
"hardcode"/select a news item - but I always want the  latest to show here

I think this is my mistake - I misunderstand the wording/semantics - Because
I want to show a LIST view on the side and DETAIL view in the centre - I
chose the DETAIL VIEW option -

But it seems DETAIL VIEW behaves by default like a STATIC VIEW until you
select a news item on the LIST on side. I do not have the option in DETAIL
VIEW to select LATEST and if I do not select anything - it throws the error
until I click on an item in the LIST view

what I need to do is configure both as LIST VIEW and limit my DETAIL-LIST
view to show only 1 record - LAST EDITED - and then the Second LIST VIEW -
that is actually the list view - to show x-amount.

This works - the detail-list view item does not show up on the list-view as
expected - and the Latest shows on the news page

So the answer for me is to place 2 LIST-VIEWS on the same page.

I got confused with the semantics.

Thanks again Georg

"Georg Ringer"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1373268069.1046.typo3-project-tt-news at lists.typo3.org...

Hi,

I can't reproduce that, really sorry. Which TYPO3 version are you using?

Am 08.07.2013 01:49, schrieb jaco graaff:
> But, on the news page - on side I have list - items, and on the centre
> column I have detail view

ok

> The news plugin has a setting for "Show a single news record" on the
> Settings tab - but I just want to show latest and not a "hard-coded"
> news item

so you just use the detail view without "show a single news record" and
in the side a list view. latest is the same as list, there is IMO also
no difference in tt_news except a different template.

It is important to use the view "List view (without overloading detail
view)" for the list view as otherwise you would have got 2 detail views
on the same page.

> I have "Exclude already displayed news"
> checked on both the detail- and list-view "Additional" tab
>
> But I can see the displayed news item in detail view in the list view as
> well

this is a bit tricky as detail view needs to be *rendered* before the
list view

Georg