[TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news: related files

Christian Koeroesy chris at allez.de
Wed Jul 3 13:44:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

i have a question about the option "related files" of a news record:

1) I create a news record (in the default language) and a new related
file (test.pdf) in the Relations tab -> the file is uploaded in
/uploads/.../test.pdf

2) I save the news record.

3) Now i edit the record again and delete the related file (test.pdf).

Now i create the same related file again -> the file is uploaded in
/uploads/.../test_01.pdf

test.pdf
test_01.pdf

So have a test_01.pdf even if i deleted the related file before.

This is bad, because editors often want to change a file in a news
(newer version or whatever) and the name should always be the same as in
the file storage.

-----

So my question: Is it wrong to use the feature "Related files" from this
point of view? Should we use "Related Links" instead?

Best Regards
Chris