[TYPO3-ttnews] DB warning, excludeDisplayedNews usage and own labels

Thomas Skierlo pubtsk1 at pix-pro.eu
Fri Jan 11 20:03:46 CET 2013

Hi,

sorry for bothering the list again. Since many parts of news have
changed since late december, I made an update to v.77cc636a today. After
the update the "Developer Information" Tab showed an error:

*Table error!*
One or more required fields/tables are probably missing in the database!

All tables from the "Requirements" seem to be there, so it might be a
false positive from the one db-table removed. Never checked "Developer
Information" before, so I don't know if it's a new issue.

A question concerning the usage of the new excludeDisplayedNews view
helper. I have one dedicated page per main category (first category
above root. Detail page defined in the category). On this page I use two
news plugins. Detail in the main column, List in a side-column. The list
plugin shows other news of same category/subcategory. This works, but
the list view still shows the record open in detail view. I inserted the
view helper in the top of my List/Item partial, which is very similar to
the standard one (only modified for html5. Tried to check the checkbox
in List, Detail and in both plugins, without success.

Could you give me some hints on the usage of "excludeDisplayedNews"

My second question: What is the best way to change a label and/or it's
localization? I have my own "wrapper" extension, so I could use my
locallang.xlf. But maybe there is a better way?

Regards,

Thomas Skierlo