[TYPO3-ttnews] Changing behaviour of EXT:news category restriction

Philipp Schiffmann philipp.schiffmann at hs-hannover.de
Mon Jan 7 17:02:38 CET 2013

Hi Georg,

a colleague suggested me to alter the behaviour of my treeProvider a
little bit and I just wrote a patch for that, and it works great! You
can now switch between two behaviours in the extension configuration:
The first one still keeps all categories and only sets the ones that the
user can not access to read only.
The second one also detects categories that don't have subcategories the
user can access and removes them from the view. This behaviour is
selected by default.

I've pushed the patch to https://review.typo3.org/#/c/16459/ if you'd
like to take a look. :)

Kind regards,