[TYPO3-ttnews] news single view display Introduction Package T3 V6.0

Stefan Kaufmann kaufmann at dwwd.ch
Sun Feb 24 14:47:18 CET 2013

Dear List,

I have installed the Introduction Package. The single view is rendered
as follows:

/*
Definition for the single display view. This replaces lib.content if a
single news item is requested.
Have a look at fileadmin/default/TypoScript/Block/Content/setup.ts on
how this is used.
*/
lib.news_display = USER
lib.news_display {
	userFunc = tx_extbase_core_bootstrap->run
	pluginName = Pi1
	extensionName = News
	controller = News
	settings =< plugin.tx_news.settings
	persistence =< plugin.tx_news.persistence
	view =< plugin.tx_news.view
	action = detail
	switchableControllerActions.News.1 = detail
}

Anyone can explain me why this was done this way?
What is the advantage of it? Why not including it the normal way with
lib.content < styles.content.get

I had to swith to the second option because I needed to use news
together with toctoc_comments extension.

Thanks for any explanation.
Stefan