[TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news: Category selector - How-to?

J. Schaller jorgosch at terra.es
Sun Dec 29 17:41:05 CET 2013

Hello to all tx_news users,

I'm on Typo3 6.1 and news 2.3.0 and trying to accomplish the
following:

I have an two-column archive page which shows all news items in the
left column as a LIST ITEM and various selectors in the right column.
The selectors are
a) Date Menu - works
b) Tag List - works
c) Category Menu - doesn't work

Is there something I'm overlooking? In the flexform settings for the
news-plugin I select CATEGORY MENU and check the appropriate
cagetories. Under tab ADDITIONAL I select the same page I'm already on
which has the LIST ITEM in the left column. "Disable override demand"
is not checked.

Clicking on any category in the right column has no effect on the list
items in the left column. Furthermore, I get a URL that is not
beautified like

/nachrichten-archiv/tx_news_pi1[overwriteDemand][categories]=6&cHash=036b2dbfcebe5aeccd8727a3e642e061

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this a bug? I couldn't find
the tx_news project either on bugs. or forge. to check.

Cheers,
J. Schaller