[TYPO3-ttnews] EXT:news, showNewsWithoutDefaultTranslation

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Tue Oct 9 22:35:10 CEST 2012

Hi everyone

tt_news had a TypoScript configuration
"showNewsWithoutDefaultTranslation". On a localized website with
sys_language_mode = strict it would display news records without a
default translation if this configuration was set.

(See http://typo3.org/extension-manuals/tt_news/2.5.0/view/1/7/)

Is that somehow configurable or planned in EXT:news?

As a workaround I currently create a record in the default language,
hide it (because I only want the news in the translation) and then
create a translation. This works, but is not so convenient.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,

Lorenz