[TYPO3-ttnews] Changing behaviour of EXT:news category restriction

Philipp Schiffmann philipp.schiffmann at hs-hannover.de
Thu Nov 22 10:22:27 CET 2012

Hi,

> 2) it would be cool to have this feature kind of configurable because on
> the other hand I like to just don't show the other categories. Imagine
> sometimes an editor should even not see the other categories...
>
> does that make sense and could you do that?
Yes, I can change my patch, but no, it doesn't make sense for me how it
is implemented yet. How do you like this idea instead:
If a category is not allowed for the user it is removed from the
category tree, but if a child category is allowed it is added on the
root level (like file mounts in the fileadmin). So if this is my
category tree (categories with an "x" are allowed for a user):
------
root
-cat 1(x)
-cat 2
--cat 3(x)
--cat 4
------
the user will see:
------
root
-cat 1
-cat 3
------
I could also add a checkbox in the extension configuration to switch
this behaviour on/off.

Philipp