[TYPO3-ttnews] news vs t3blog

d.ros projects at r-system.de
Wed Nov 14 18:42:07 CET 2012

Am 14.11.2012 06:02, schrieb Georg Ringer:
> Hi,
>
> Am 13.11.2012 16:13, schrieb Gour:
>> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:52:39 +0100
>> Georg Ringer <typo3 at ringerge.org> wrote:
>
>> Nothing special: categories, tags (tagcloud), comments (built-in &
>> Disqus), date archive, thumbnails (in posts list), pingback/trackback,
>> recent comments, (some) antispam method (e.g. akismet)...
>
> categories: done
> tags: done but there is currently no listing of tags
> comments: disqus done, or use comments, won't be part of news
> archive: done
> thumbnails: done
> pingback/trackback: missing
>
>>> Having those missing features in a separate extension or inside news
>>> is not the main issue, it is just the person missing doing it.
>>
>> I see...I'm too new to be able to help much. :-(
>
> as always: there is more to do than coding. you could also make some
> noise and collect people interested in those features.
>
> georg

Hi Georg and Gour,

I think too that this would be an awesome feature / addon in TYPO3 /
Ext. News.

But the only concern to me is the comments extension which seems partly
pi based and the lack of fluid. Correct me if i am wrong with that.

Yes Goerg, you are right in letting this extension clean. But on the
other hand to me do comments and news belong very, very close together.

So is the only question what best to do with integrated comments ? Write
something new ? Especially today comments can be very rich of features
like polls,tags, inline comments to comments and publish comments to
other social services or the possiblity of rss or email subscription to
a branch.

What do you think folks ?

greets David