[TYPO3-ttnews] Help for planing feature "Category restriction at be_users/be_groups"

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Nov 2 18:09:34 CET 2012

Hi Georg,

I fully agree with Ralf, thus I just answer here...

Georg Ringer wrote:

> Am 02.11.2012 17:32, schrieb Ralf Merz:
>> For question 3: In my opinion the selection should be recursive, because
>> mostly people use "Cat 2" only as devider. The behaviour should be: if
>> selecting "Cat 2", all sub-cats are selected and i may de-select some,
>> if i do not want to show them.
>
> that means of course that *every* sub category is selected and there is
> no way to start a restriction again. Would that be ok?

I guess that this is how TYPO3 works. Otherwise we would need BE access
right per item.

IMHO additional restrictions can be applied by using different folders and
setting permissions on those folders (or don't mount folders).

I think the default case is that you want to assign a category and let the
editor manage sub categories by himself.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!