[TYPO3-ttnews] tt_news single view Category selection

Simon Child simon at srchild.com
Mon May 14 19:33:43 CEST 2012

On my news single page I have placed two news single records. One is to show
one category only ('Public news') and is hidden at login, and the other is
to show all news (including 'Member news') but only when logged in.

    Reason: I want only logged in members to see the full text of certain
news items, but I want all teasers and some full items to be visible without
logging in.

It seems that the Single view does not honour the Category Selection. If I
select only the 'public news' category in the Single view and set "Show
items with selected categories" then all Categories are displayed.

Am I making some error, or does tt_news single view not honour the category
selection?

Thank you

Simon Child