[TYPO3-ttnews] No <items> in RSS-feed with firefox/opera/chrome but they do appear in IE - "empty" rss feed?

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at gmail.com
Thu May 10 09:04:26 CEST 2012

I have the following problem with tt_news RSS feeds:

This part of the RSS feed template

    <!-- ###CONTENT### begin -->
    <!-- ###NEWS### begin -->
    <item>
      <title>###NEWS_TITLE###</title>
      <link>###NEWS_LINK###</link>
      <description>###NEWS_SUBHEADER###</description>
 <content:encoded><![CDATA[###NEWS_CONTENT###]]></content:encoded>
      ###NEWS_CATEGORY###
      ###NEWS_AUTHOR###
      <pubDate>###NEWS_DATE###</pubDate>
      ###NEWS_RSS2_ENCLOSURES###
    </item>
    <!-- ###NEWS### end -->
    <!-- ###CONTENT### end -->

should render the <items> in the RSS feed but in the FF/OPERA/CHROME
browsers the <items> don't show in the source code.

Now the strange part. In IE the <items> do show up in the source code.
So IE renders the tt_news items in the <items> tags of the RSS feed
but other browsers don't but this is what I need of course. These
browsers say the rss feed are empty as they don't have <items> in the
source code of the RSS feed.

Who has seen this before and maybe knows a solution for this problem?

Best regards
Jordan van Bergen