[TYPO3-ttnews] Ext: News - manual sorting of news records in FE

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Tue Jun 12 06:04:35 CEST 2012

Hi Philipp,

thanks for your message.

I doubt that is really fixable without touching the core code. so maybe
adding a new field and adding numbers there would be better ;)

Am 11.06.2012 18:45, schrieb Philipp Schiffmann:
> However I thought it would have been a great feature for our authors
> because they had have gotten a better overview over the news that really
> appeared on their sites

IMO that is the wrong approach as especially with many editors and many
news records everybody will try to sort the same records. so maybe it
would be better to improve the BE module and let the editors use that?

or improve the rendering of the plugin in the page module and add the
news items which will be rendered there?

> At last I want to pay the developers of news great compliment - it's
> been a pleasure to work with your extension! I'll lend some of your
> ideas for further projects, that is for sure ;-)

THANKS a lot! Spread the word and talk about the extension as this is
the only way to get more and more people into ext:news and extbase/fluid

Of course I am always happy about contributions, no matter if lines of
code or money ;)

georg