[TYPO3-ttnews] Ext: News - manual sorting of news records in FE

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Thu Jun 7 06:26:34 CEST 2012

Hi Tobi,

perhaps you need to write your own viewHelper for that?

Regards
Kay

Am 06.06.2012 16:53, schrieb Philipp Schiffmann:
> HI Tobi,
>
>> Hi Philipp,
>>
>> there is an option in the extension settings (in extension manager)
>> where you can activate the manual sorting. So this feature is already
>> built-in, no?
>>
>> Tobi
>
> I noticed that option, too. It only enables sorting in the backend but
> that does not affect the frontend. I want to have an option that works
> like this(which I tested in my local system already):
> There could be the option "manually" in the "Sort by" switch in the
> plugin. If you set the selectbox to that option, the news are ordered by
> the column "sorting", which is used to allow sorting in the backend. By
> now you can only order your news by "given date", "title", "created" and
> "last edited".
> This is not an adequate solution because the column "sorting" only works
> well for one sysfolder. As soon as you want to display news records from
> two different sysfolders, you can't them among each other. I'm working
> on that problem right now.
>
> Philipp

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach