[TYPO3-ttnews] best strategy for Facebook integration

jaco graaff jaco at spacexplorer.co.za
Tue Jul 10 01:03:20 CEST 2012

Hi - I relied heavily on:
http://www.training-typo3.com/2011/06/16/tt_news-rss-feed-valid-and-with-images/

ALSO - Facebook has the new RSS Graffiti app to connect directly to your rss
feed

RSS <-  (Facebook RSS Graffiti)

I added buildinghelp.com.au/latest_news/rss.xml as source
and
Building Help face book page as Target
update once a day
(the first run set it for as soon as possible and latest 4 items and
important to go to advanced and set the start date to when your first news
post was published)
in the RSS Graffiti control
http://apps.facebook.com/rssgraffiti/

works well

Only issue left is my <link>###NEWS_LINK###</link>
gets filtered through bit.ly

and the <link>###NEWS_LINK###</link> result links to

http://buildinghelp.com.au/no_cache/general-news/date/home-show-2012/

instead of

http://buildinghelp.com.au/general-news/date/2012/06/04/home-show-2012/

REALURL for some reason omits the "/2012/06/04/" when output through
?type=100

Thanks

jaco

"Kay Strobach"  wrote in message
news:mailman.1.1341584514.16042.typo3-project-tt-news at lists.typo3.org...

RSS -> twitterfeed.com -> FB
                      \
                       -> Twitter ...

Regards
Kay

Am 05.07.2012 08:47, schrieb jaco graaff:
> Hi - I want to allow my users to publish tt_news items to their Company
> Facebook page
>
> I have tried ext-pxa_newstofb since it could allow least amount of
> duplication and effort from the user perspective
>
> ext-pxa_newstofb PUSHES tt_news to a facebook app that can be added to a
> facebook page
>
> Another approach is to PULL tt_news content formatted as xml/rss into
> facebook - but the plugins either required fluid (I use TV) or manual
> steps from facebook admin
>

> maybe someone has used ext-pxa_newstofb successfully - I do not
> understand this step in the manual....
> ----------------------------------
> and in the tab "Web Site" fill you website url (We will need this url
> to use for this extension)
> ----------------------------------
> When creating an app I have to :
> ----------------------------------
> Select how your app integrates with Facebook
> ----------------------------------
>
> I do not want my webpage to be displayed in an iFrame in facebook
>
> anyone had success using ext-pxa_newstofb  or another approach
>
> Thanks
>
> Jaco

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach