[TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news - media-element (image) with link

Georg Ringer typo3 at ringerge.org
Sat Jul 7 07:46:57 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 06.07.2012 21:41, schrieb hinterindien at gmx.net:
> Hmmm. "Start a new thread..." I think, I did... But ok, here is my question again:

no you have been in the thread "Re: [TYPO3-ttnews] tx_news - external
news in news window" and pressed reply, but no problem

> using the new tx_news, I want to display a detail-page of a news. The news brings an image and the image should be wrapped with a link to a external page.
> Checking the possibilities of the news-system, I didn't find a possibility to add a link to an image.
>
> Does anybody know a solution or a workaround?

so you need a new field "link" at the media record? yeah that is
currently a missing feature.
please open a feature request at
forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-news/issues.

you can either implement it yourself or sponsor implementation. as this
is a feature which is interesting for more people, it could go into news
itself and doesn't need to be a custom extension

georg