[TYPO3-ttnews] 2 Questions: Empty Lines & Default plugin configuration

Žiga Dolhar ziga at dolhar.si
Sat Jan 7 17:36:00 CET 2012

Hi Georg,

thanks for all the wishes and HNY to you as well :).

>> 1. I set up the list display plugin and 1 news item. In the frontend
>> output, I get lots of empty lines (<p class="bodytext">&nbsp;</p>). See
>> example output at the end of this mail. Is it a bug or "did I do
>> something wrong"?
>
> using format.raw doesn't really solve your problem because it will
> create many others. Links with <LINK 123>fo</LINK> won't be changed to
> real links, email addresses aren'T encrypted anymore and so on. the
> output looks like RTE is not configured the best way.

Hm - then I shall have to ask directly: What would be the most optimal
solution to my problem? :)

>> 2. Georg, I really miss option to pre-define almost all aspects
>> (settings) of news plugin generally, site-wide in the root template
>> (think plugin.tt_news root and child [displayList, displaySingle ...]
>> properties in tt_news).
>
> I read your answer but didn't really have a clue what you mean. All
> settings which can be set in flexforms, can be set in TS *but* you need
> to know *one* thing: Extbase does some magic for you and overrules
> *every* TS setting from the one of flexform even when the flexform value
> is empty.
>
> Therefore you need to use the TS setting
> settings.overrideFlexformSettingsIfEmpty which holds all fields which
> should not be overridden by empty flexform values.

I see. Well, I would like to do in tx_news the following (analogy from
tt_news):

plugin.tt_news.pid_list = X

In tx_news, I guess I should set something like
plugin.tx_news.settings.pid_list. However, looking through TS Object
Browser or checking out
typo3conf\ext\news\Configuration\TypoScript\setup.txt, I cannot find a
proper setting.

(And, as I understand, after I find out what the proper setting is
named, I should also add it to the .overrideFlexformSettingsIfEmpty array.)

I hope this clarifies my problem a bit :).

Yours,
Žiga