[TYPO3-ttnews] Rendering a news overview

Oliver Salzburg oliver.salzburg at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:36:17 CET 2012

On the home page of the site I'm working on, I want to display the
titles of the latest news items (instead of the menu navigation that is
displayed in that place otherwise).

So I took this piece of TS from the news wiki:
lib.field_subnavigation < tt_content.list.20.news_pi1
lib.field_subnavigation {
  switchableControllerActions {
    News {
      1 = list
  settings < plugin.tx_news.settings
  settings {
    //categories = 49
    limit = 30
    detailPid = 18
    overrideFlexformSettingsIfEmpty := addToList(detailPid)
    startingpoint = 9

But that, obviously, inserts the "normal" news list.

What is the recommended way to achieve this? I basically want achieve
this result:

<ul>
</ul>

Cheers